In this time of rapid social change, and with an increasingly diverse population, we seek to strengthen the network of intercultural human relationships and to keep Steele County peaceful, welcoming, trusting and respectful.
Cultural Diversity Network works to enrich the community’s cultural understanding through educational opportunities such as Culturfest.
The mission of the Cultural Diversity Network is to promote understanding and respect, keeping Steele County peaceful, trusting, and respectful in a time of rapid social change and an increasingly diverse population.
- We believe all people deserve to be treated with respect.
- We recognize that diversity encompasses all cultures, races, religions, genders, ages, sexual orientations, economics, and levels of physical or mental abilities.
- We are not affiliated with any particular cultural group, but seek to provide understanding and respect for all cultures.
- We accept that cultural differences are not better or worse than one another, but simply different. We do not seek to change or convert people from their cultural values.
- We believe that it is important to safeguard the human rights of all people in Steele County.
- We believe that it is important not just to tolerate differences, but to celebrate and accept them.
CulturFest is currently our only program. This educational, multi-cultural festival takes place on the fourth Saturday in September.